Carpe Diem - Seize the Day!


These are rules I hope I am strong enough to live by:

Take a chance
Try a whirlwind romance,
Learn a new recipe, language, dance...

Make a difficult choice,
Listen to your inner voice,
Let your hair loose, have fun, make some noise!

Do something new
Talk, listen, discuss, argue
Change your point of view

From the beaten path walk astray
Explore the little known, scenic way

Take a risk,
Life doesn’t always offer a quick fix...

Get a little crazy, do something unwise,
Drop that sensible guise,
Carpe Diem, Live Life King Size!!!

P.S.
Yeh world hai na world, is mein do tarah le log hote hai, ek woh jo saari zindagi mein ek hi kaam karte hai, aur doosre woh jo ek hi zindagi mein saare kaam kar dete hai...

Lines (from a movie, of course!) that made me realise that there is much more to life beyond the routine, words that inspired me to break free of the monotony, thoughts that made me aspire to LIVE my life... A dialogue that, at the time, inspired me to enthusiastically start off on yet another rhyme-spree...

Ironic as it maybe, this poem was left incomplete and almost forgotten, until I read the post of a fellow blogger and close friend. I suddenly recollected my unfinished verse as I commented on the well written, thoughtful post and I quote a favourite saying of mine -

“When you look back on your life, you will not regret the things that you did, but the things you did not do.”

And as I ended my comment with the words “Carpe Diem”, I knew I had to finish the poem... And so I did, so I might have no regrets... :-)

7 comments:

  1. I absolutely agree to every single word in this poem!!! Wana try evry little thing listed out here...U have very briefly and beautifully worded the things tht make life worth living...New mantra for life-CARPE DIEM!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is to declare that boredom has its new definition and has its new circle of rules. All these rules will act as a buffer between work and work and will ultimately upgrade the latter with a square of freshness and avoid the regret of monotony !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...I think I should learn these rules...not to have any regret...great...Sab-rhyme crisis is spreading everywhere...

    ReplyDelete
  4. When people drop the shield they hold,
    The mask, the attitude and false hope they mould,
    And follow the rules laid down by thee,
    A better place the world shall be

    I guess we have forgotten how to appreciate life and the world around us as it passes by well

    Thanks for the reminder

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey Jo,
    Nice 1 but try 2 write in a way so that baar baar dictionary naa use karna pare :) :)
    Its ultimate. Gud work.....
    Lagey Raho....
    Waitin 4 d next klassic...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finally!!! she awakens to all the fun in the world. well better late then never. but i must say awakening in style. i guess not many would have been able it word it as good as this. good one... i wil repeat wat i hav been tellin you for the last 1y and a half yr's LIVE LIFE KING SIZE!!!. MEAN IT LIVE IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Being a human being is nothing but - just demand maker...

    Sooooo... I think, that ur write up is very small... there are still many things to do in life...

    I am sure u had more in ur head to put in this, but u were short of rhymes... lolz.z..z.


    Cheers....

    ReplyDelete