Solitude


I love this time, when in the midst of night
Tomorrow still hasn’t taken flight
Today hasn’t completely died away
Yet, aeons apart seem memories of yesterday

I love this time, when all is bathed in black
My little room dimly lit, the darkness glares back
Bright lights of the day have all but slowly drowned
The sky decorated with stars, with the moon crowned

I love this time, when all is quiet
A contrast to the long routine riot
Alone
Photo Courtesy: Kumar Jhuremalani
Left alone, I do as my heart pleases
Encouraged by the wispy, cool breezes



I love this time, when every eye is rested
And, I’m awake, alone, alive – emancipated
Undisturbed I am, with no one to pry
Yet secure, that they will awaken with my cry

And I love this time, as I sit peacefully,
Gathering my thoughts in a heap
Dreams await me, beckoning me...
Yet, I refuse to give in to sleep

3 comments:

  1. Reading ur poems is always a nice experience...as I can literally imagine u in that situation (even though u write disclaimers there)... And also they r a good exercise for me as I learn at least 9-10 new words wid each poem...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i so agree. Somehow my best part of thoughts n ideas originate at night when there is a certain weird peace around...the only thing that makes sound is my fan :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I jus love tis time of the day
    which they call night
    Even in the sunny mth of May
    the darkness of the night takes me on an imaginative flight...

    I jus love the darkness that envelopes itself ard me.....I love the eerie feeling and find myself aligned to the course of nature at this time which is why i m an insomniac n not coz i hate sleepin....so well, I m partial 2 the subject u ve chosen so i d rank this Numero Uno....

    ReplyDelete