A Lifetime...


She stares without seeing,
Looking back at me with unblinking eyes,
That tell secrets wordlessly speaking,
Of trapped ambition or severed ties

Forlorn she stands - unsmiling and speechless
Her lips so arid as laughter has withered away
For a fleeting moment her eyes lose their emptiness
Filled with a fond memory of a forgotten friend or a sunny day

Lonely she stands singular and stoic
Her rigid limbs unmoving, frozen
Even as crowds move around her - thick and quick
Betraying the remnants of arrogance, confidence that once was brazen

Staring back at her – I am trapped in a timeless vacuum –
Face of regret, body of unexpected defeat, aura of gloom
And it is like looking into an eerie mirror
Prophesising a reality far from dreams, of a remorseful future

And I open my eyes
To see the miracle in each second
As the repressed secrets buried in them
Flow like tears down my cheek
I free my ears to catch the beats of life
And the sudden surge of energy
Finds release in the tapping of my feet
My lips twitch upwards in a reluctant smile
As my resolve grows stronger -
What will be, will be
But it won't be from of a lack of trying...

0 critiques:

Post a Comment