Lost in the Unknown.


My laugh is lost as I lament,
And all my smiles dissolve into a sigh,
I seem to have lost the cheerful moment,
And I don’t know the reason why...

Doubts and fears flood my mind,
Reality seems like a miserable lie,
Joy seems afar and hard to find,
And I wish I knew why...

My thoughts turn dark and depressed,
Tears are beyond my control as my eyes silently cry,
Hope is ruthlessly repressed,
And I have no idea why...

I don’t find cheer even in a soulful song,
Mirth, here only an instant ago, has bid goodbye,
For that merry moment my heart does long,
It’s gone, lost, as is the reason why...

I can’t stop smiling, and I am incredibly happy,
That time now seems like a dream gone by,
I can’t find my reason to be,
And I can’t find the reason why...

I’m laughing, my eyes twinkling,
And inexplicably, I feel a void, lonely, torn,
Some may call it nothing more than a mood swing,
But I know that I am lost in the unknown.

3 comments:

  1. Jo !!
    I m sure that within couple of days
    Smiles-n-twinkles wud flock around ur life...replacing ur sigh..
    Yes...destiny has better plans for u
    and my born-genius friend...u knw d reason why...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey...nice poem...your ideas and words flow well together(a poem after long)...makes one really think and relate.

    But I just hope that you don't get this feeling to often...the helplessness of the unknown that comes along makes life difficult and drains all the energy and enthusiasm....and I hope u are aware that you are known for ur enthu spirit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm...I was intentionally keepng away myself frm writng a commnt on ths poem cos i just didnt knw wht to write...If u rembr and I m sure u do we spoke abt ths too...So anywys wht i actually did ws went thru some of ur more positive and happy-thots poem (mad medley, carpe diem are some of my favs) and thot of givng u a virtual pat on the back fr ur knack of puttng ideas and random thots into RHYMES...Gal!Waitng fr anthr one of those masterpieces..

    ReplyDelete