The Easy Way Out...


Would my life be easier if
I had the courage
to take that smallest step
that could shatter the peaceful mirage?

Would my life be easier if
I had the nerve
to make that difficult decision
that could destroy illusions that others preserve?

Would my life be easier if
I had not one regret
About things said and done
To simply learn and accept, forgive and forget?

Would my life be easier if
I had not one care
About making a wrong move
To simply not let mistakes give me a scare?

Would my life be easier if
I had the strength
to simply breakaway from shackles
that hold me back from going the extra length?

Would my life be easier if
I were a little more selfish
To pave my own path, make my own choices
Live my dreams and do as I wish?

Answers to these I am still looking for
However this I know for sure
Life with all its difficulties isn’t at all bleak
If only the inherent goodness of every moment we seek.

2 comments:

  1. Hehe

    You would have toughest time of life convincing others about what you want to do, you believe is the right thing for you. And that could bring frustration or mental satisfaction, depending on how much support you would get. If it brings you frustration then you may regret the decision. Hence you would need all the strength in the world to keep others opinions at bay, just don’t think about them at all [But come to think of it, that may again take you far away from the people you love…causing you to regret it all once again]….bascially the whole theory of butterfly effect comes here again….anyways I hope that you get all the support in all your future pursuits

    About the 4th para I think that is how one should be, make mistakes learn from them, don’t get bogged down and move ahead…as they say ‘they call their mistakes experience’ (lol)

    And about your penultimate para…I think you are selfish and that the love and support of others is more important to you and hence you are ready to live with all those shackles; they are more important to you then choosing your own path (remember we discussed all about sacrifice and selfishness)

    Huh!!! Long comment hain…. but anyways nice poem…sums up a lot of basic questions about civilized life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo !! When u would be busier than what u r right now...life would be easier for you ! :-)

    ReplyDelete