Journey


I woke up today morning with a strange longing for the quiet days I spent in the scenic and oddly spiritual hills of McLeodganj. And, then I recounted the evening I was leaving the little place for the big bustling Delhi, the restless night I spent on the bus, and the few lines I penned in a moment of epiphany, that lay untouched and forgotten in a memo on my phone...

The view from the Pink House in McLeodganj
They both sat in silence
Breathing the same air
Staring into the same space
Letting the same world pass them by

The same thoughts toying with their minds
Outwardly calm but tossing and turning within
The same troubles troubling them...
Unspoken, unheard,
Both struggling to make peace

Discussion is futile as expression is hard to find
The questions are the same
But both seek answers in different places
The search for truth may lead them down separate roads
But now united in silence
They travel together down the path of introspection

1 comment:

  1. Very beautifully written and expressed!

    Cheers!
    Himanshu Nagpal | Being Traveler

    ReplyDelete