Why i Write.......


When my feelings seem to overflow
And my ideas need a vent
That’s when I turn to writing -
A paper and pen seem heaven sent.

I write to make known my point of view -
I have one for everything
When I want to write my many opinions
A paper and pen truly are a blessing.

I put pen to paper when I discover something new
I doodle when I have nothing else to do
I scribble when with ideas I am brimming
I describe sights and sounds that I find exciting
I jot down my silly little rhymes
My poems aren’t so bad often times
I preserve in writing lines that inspire
Writing is my outlet when life’s a quagmire

I pen my thoughts
In hopes that some day
I’ll have my way
And write a novel with twists and turns and many plots
Writing is my hobby, my saviour, my lifeline
In Writing I lose myself
And it is in writing that I find the real Me…

5 comments:

  1. 'Why i write?'has most definitely been able to showcase jo's feelngs as to why she writes clearly!The thougt process that has gone in writing this poem has been able to capture both; her headstrong opinions and as well as her sensitive nature.Gud job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved it .. din kno u were sooo good wit words .. keep it up babes ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her style of writing is different from others..it shows a natural flow of thinking she has...be it any topic...
    Giving suggestion about her writing is like teaching Sachin Tendulkar how to hold a bat..
    Words used by her show how rich is her diction...But a layman like me can face difficulties in understanding the meaning of thos e words...I had to keep dictionary.com open while reading her blogs....
    Keep writing more n more blogs...and make this bloggers' park more beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved it...
    The words were straight from your heart, and their simplicity [except "quagmire" :)] added to the beauty of the poem.
    Articulate and interesting... Soooo you!
    Fab stuff, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your poetry is pretty interesting
    i guess u can conjure up your own writings for changing things inside and around you..

    Have u heard of a writer called Mario Luis Rodrigues?

    Can u find common thread to his works and yours?

    ReplyDelete