Befriending Boredom...


I wake up each morning in ignorant bliss
I know not what the day will become,
I am neither happy nor am I glum.

I have nothing to look back on;
I have nothing to look forward to…
I go through the motions, knowing not what to do

I have naught on my agenda –
I take things as they come; I go with the flow
I have neither wish nor will, neither worry nor woe

I live in the present moment;
I live for the present moment…
I care not for the troubles of the world…

No thoughts flow to the future;
I do not make a single plan…
I don’t know where the day will end; I don’t know where it began!

No thoughts stray to the past;
In nostalgia I do not wallow,
Some unkonwn, uncharted path I seem to unconciously follow

In music I seek solace,
In meaningless chatter I find comfort
I see no point in making any other effort…

The day passes by slowly,
Time makes an unhurried progress
Lost I am in nothingness…

Soon the light will fade;
Yet another dreary day will end
Yet another day will dawn for boredom to befriend…

3 comments:

  1. I could imagine u yawning while writing this poem...I am sure u will write next poem in d state of excitement...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nw ths is a poem tht can truly be considered as a lullaby fr grown ups, not bcos its borng or anythng, bt bcos its js so damn REALISTIC!!! :)
    anthr testimny to d fact tht ths woman can giv words to any thng!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you should be bored more often madam, i guess it brings out the best

    by the way you know when the world is bored what they do

    SLEEP

    plz no no i dint mean a poem on it though that be worth reading as well

    ahhahah

    ReplyDelete