Words and Words are all I have...


I’m tired after a long day
Or I’m a lone traveler on a weary way
Or it’s a day of leisure and laze
Or life seems shrouded in a doleful haze.

When sleep eludes and I lie awake in bed
When stress mounts and troubles I need to shed
When I wish to see the world and travel
When life’s mysteries I wish to unravel

When new people I want to meet
To learn from their experiences so rich
When I wish to satisfy my curiosity of the unreal
To learn more about the ghoul, the ghost, the witch

When I want to be alone, yet lost in a crowd
A book provides the perfect refuge!
I escape into a new world...

My heart beats faster as villains I chase
And it skips a beat when I come across a handsome face...
I hide behind red velvet curtains and witness a ballroom dance
I sigh wistfully at a budding romance

I travel the seven seas and sometimes reach magical lands
I witness unique traditions and long lost customs
I stumble upon ghastly plots and cruel plans
I am lost in another world – dragged in by the story
Romantic, dramatic, action-packed or even gory...

Then just when I am in the midst of an engrossing episode
Events all around come to silent standstills
Everything seems to fall apart, slowly erode
As all disappears into nothingness, unease within me fills...

Confused I stare at the word that has me stumped -
Quagmire, Ostentatious, Perambulate, Juxtapose
Supercalifragilisticexpliadoious...
I could reach for a dictionary, I suppose...

1 comment:

  1. Hey Joanne,"lone traveller"...exceptionally well crafted piece of your imagination,its a gift indeed to potray your feeling in such a lucid yet poignant way...looking forward to read more inspiring stuff...

    ReplyDelete